Front End Developer
Remote - Canada
Commerce7 is a customer centric commerce platform in the alcohol industry. Today we are the platform that powers over 400 leading alcohol brands including Robert Mondavi, Opus One, Caymus, Harlan Estate, William Chris Winery and more. While we are a startup, we are profitable.
We are looking for a frontend developer that is passionate about UI/UX on the web. Someone who is results-driven, detailed oriented, and seeks self-improvement. Someone who wants to work with a team that values openness and pushing the bar. If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role:
As a frontend developer you will be working directly with our product team to develop UX/UI solutions across our suite of products which include ecommerce, point of sale, reservation, and CRM.
Our tech stack is Node, React, and AWS. As a frontend developer you will be using libraries like React Router, Redux, Styled Components, and Jest.
- Architect, build, and scale customer facing applications.
- Develop new user-facing features for our platform and online tools (including point of sale, ecommerce, reservation and CRM software).
- Collaborate with our team to improve and redevelop UX/UI in existing and new interfaces.
- Work closely with back end developers to understand and properly use the system APIs.
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards.
- Work with strategic agencies and partners to guide them on using our platform tools to create customer centric UX/UI for their customers and brands.
- Grow a culture of customer centric UI, consistency, and quality.
Requirements for the role:
- Strong understanding of Usability and Accessibility standards (WCAG).
- Outstanding application design skills.
- Experience with Webpack, NPM, Babel, etc.
- Experience developing large scale front-end applications.
- Solid understanding of frontend architectures.
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Understanding of fundamental UX principles for the web.
- Experience with version control.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS. Ideally styled components.
- Desire to own code quality, and create great user experiences.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with developers, product owners, and other team members.
- Capable of learning new technologies.
- Independent – Able to work unsupervised and meet goals in a timely manner.
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn about how they use Commerce7.
- Commitment to delivering excellence and meeting high standards for QA.
Why work with us:
Not only are you joining a great team, you’re joining the ground floor of a profitable fast growing startup which puts you in a position to launch your career to the next level. Aside from a competitive salary, and great career development potential, there are a number of other benefits for working with Commerce7.
- Be part of a motivated and passionate team dedicated to empowering our clients with the tools and knowledge needed to succeed.
- Make an impact with your work. You won’t be another cog in the wheel, the work you do will have a significant impact on the success of the business.
- Free wine! - Enjoy a quarterly wine club shipment on us.
Applying for a new job at a startup can be scary and is definitely a lot of work. We do value your time. We look forward to receiving your resume. We always love finding out more about candidates so feel free to include a cover level and links to any projects you have on GitHub.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com