Commerce7 is a customer centric commerce platform in the alcohol industry. Today we are the platform that powers over 1300 leading alcohol brands including Opus One, Caymus, Harlan Estate, William Chris Winery and more.
We are looking for a back-end developer that is passionate about the web. Someone who is results-driven, detailed oriented, and seeks self-improvement. Someone who wants to work with a team that values openness and pushing the bar. If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
As a back-end developer you will be working directly with our senior back-end developer and product team to develop technology and APIs. Development is fast paced. The team is small and passionate. We are pushing the bar with APIs.
Our tech stack is NodeJS on AWS (a lot of Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambdas, SQS, SNS, some RedShift).
- Create REST & GraphQL APIs that our frontend team and our partners will use.
- Write tests to ensure code stability.
- Define or refactor data models according to evolving needs of the application.
- Collaborate with our team to improve and version existing APIs.
- Work closely with the senior back-end developer and our front-end developers to assist them with properly using the system APIs.
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards.
- Work with strategic agencies and partners to guide them on using our APIs for their customers and brands.
- Proficiency with NodeJS. (We use Fastify, ExpressJS, Apollo, a lot of Lambdas and are exploring a few other frameworks.)
- Proficiency in testing. (We run 1000's of integration tests, and some unit tests.)
- Experience with Aurora, DynamoDb, Lambda and other AWS technologies.
- Experience working with both REST and GraphQL.
- Able to write direct SQL code if required.
- Able to work independently and unsupervised, meeting goals in a timely manner.
- Extremely strong problem solving skills.
- Desire to own code quality and create great experiences with a commitment to delivering excellence and meeting high standards for QA. (We consider our APIs a customer experience for our partners.)
- Capabilities of learning new technologies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with developers, product owners, and other team members.
- A deep empathy for the user and a desire to learn about how they use Commerce7.
- Experience with front-end JS frameworks such as React / Angular / Vue. (At Commerce7, we use React.)
- Ecommerce or Point of Sale experience
Why work with us
You're joining a great team with a competitive salary and great career development potential, but there are a number of additional benefits for working with Commerce7.
- Make an impact with your work. We're a small team and the work you do will have a significant impact on the success of the business.
- Be part of a motivated and passionate team. Team is important to us. We're dedicated to working together to empower our clients with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed.
- Free wine! Enjoy a quarterly wine club shipment on us.
How to Apply
Applying for a new job can be scary and is definitely a lot of work so we do value your time.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com. We always love finding out more about candidates so feel free to include a cover letter and links to any projects you may have on GitHub.
Learn more about Commerce7 and what we do at www.commerce7.com.